Guerrilla Games has revealed the "OWL" in Killzone Shadow Fall, a attack drone. Guerrilla Games lead designer Eric Boltjes describes it as an advanced hovering attack drone used exclusively by the Shadow Marshals to give them all kinds of tactical abilities in the field. It attaches itself onto the Shadow Marshal’s suit until he gives it an order. When damaged, the OWL automatically returns and regenerates health until it receives an order again.
4 Different modes accessed with the DualShock 4′s touch pad. Attack Mode, Zipline Mode, Stun Mode and Shield Mode.
- Attack Mode: OWL moves to an area and attacks anyone within range. Can also tell it to attack a single enemy directly.
- Zipline Mode: gets the OWL to fire a zipline, allowing the Shadow Marshal to traverse incredibly quickly from point A to B.
- Stun Mode: OWL uses its energy to create an area-of-effect shock blast that turns off all nearby electronics and stuns humanoid enemies within range.
- Shield Mode: creates energy field in front of Shadow Marshal
- This blocks bullets but allows Marshal’s bullets/projectiles to pass through from his POV.