Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Dragon's Crown - New Gameplay Details
New gameplay details from IGN. Dragon’s Crown for the PS3 and PS Vita releases on July 25th in Japan and August 6th in North America.
- The left analog stick is used for character movement. The right analog stick is used to control an independent cursor to identify points of interest in the environment.
- Character stats include health points, magic points, strength, constitution, dexterity, intelligence, magical resistance, and luck. As you become more powerful and find better equipment, these numbers will increase.
- Every character has a hooded companion following them with a sack full of treasure and loot. This is how characters are able to hold all the loot they obtain.
- The character-select screen is a round-table at a tavern featuring the game’s six characters.
- After selecting your character, you’ll hear a voiced introduction, and then move out into a town “ripped out of the likes of Zelda II and Faxanadu.”
- You can speak with the townsfolk, or bother them—punch a basket of apples out of a merchant’s hands or jugs of water out of a person’s grasp, for example.
- The town also offers shops, guilds, etc. to visit.
- The world map will allow you to select which stage to visit or revisit.
- New players will be greeted with an “extremely thorough tutorial” for your character’s move and skill sets.
- Dragon’s Crown is “tough,” especially if you’re trying to best your high score or finish a stage faster for new loot. “Without using a hodgepodge of techniques and weapons, the AI will make quick work of you.”
- Enemies scale with you, meaning as you get stronger, they do, too. They’ll increase in number, as well.
- Each level ends with a powerful boss.