Wednesday, April 24, 2013

No Nintendo Conference at E3 2013, Smaller Events Planned

This year, Nintendo will not host press conference at E3, president Satoru Iwata said during the company’s latest financial results briefing. Instead, Nintendo will host a series of smaller events. Nintendo is set to reveal a new 3D Mario game, a new Mario Kart game and new Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U at this years E3.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said: "First, we decided not to host a large-scale presentation targeted at everyone in the international audience where we announce new information as we did in the past.

Instead, at the E3 show this year, we are planning to host a few smaller events that are specifically focused on our software lineup for the U.S. market. There will be one closed event for American distributors, and we will hold another closed hands-on experience event, for mainly the Western gaming media. Also, I did not speak at last year’s presentation, and I am not planning to speak at these events at the E3 show this year either. Apart from these exclusive events for visitors, we are continuing to investigate ways to deliver information about our games directly to our home audience around the time of E3. We will share more information about them once they have officially been decided.

During the E3 period, we will utilize our direct communication tools, such as Nintendo Direct, to deliver information to our Japanese audience, including those who are at this financial briefing, mainly focusing on the software that we are going to launch in Japan, and we will take the same approach outside Japan for the overseas fans as well."



No comments:

Post a Comment