- PlayStation®Plus is now supported. > See details
- “near” has been redesigned to improve its usability.
- The display speed of Web pages has been improved.
- You can now use a pointer to open links. > See details
- You can now display weather information on the map for areas where it is available. >See details
- (Email) application has been added. You can start the application from the home screen. > See details
Other new or revised features in version 2.05
- [Assign Touchscreen] and [Assign Rear Touch Pad] have been added as features to [Controller Settings] in the PlayStation® format software menu.
- [Custom] has been added as an option under [Other Settings] > [Screen Mode] in the PlayStation® format software menu.
- You can now delete screenshots or songs created in PSP™Game software.> See details
- You can now display activities on the LiveArea™ screen for Friends.
The LiveArea™ screen is displayed by flicking the screen up to let you communicate in real time with your friends.
- You can now write a comment to send with a friend request.> See details
- You can now report an inappropriate message when you receive one with a friend request. Tap (Options) > [Submit Grief Report] on the profile screen to report.
- More varieties of file formats (TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG and MPO) are now supported as attachments to messages.
- When trophy information is automatically synchronized with PlayStation®Network servers, it is now synchronized in the background. You can perform other operations during the synchronization.
- You can now tweet the currently displayed page. > See details
- You can now open the browser without pausing playing a game.
- You can now play a video with 1080 resolution.
- You can now play the video in slow motion.
- You can now skip chapters.
- Closed caption is now supported.
- [Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically] has been added as a feature under [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings].
- [Avatar], [Panel], [Online ID], [About Me] and [My Languages] under [PlayStation®Network] > [Account Information] have been moved to the newly added category [Profile].
- [Twitter] has been added as a feature under [PlayStation®Network].
- Turkish has been added as an option under [Language] > [System Language] and [Language] > [Input Languages] > [Keyboards / Add Terms].
- [PlayStation®Mobile] has been added as a feature under [System].
OtherNew in 2.05
- System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
PS Vita Firmware 2.05 Coming Soon
Sony is readying a new update for the PS Vita. While it doesn’t appear to introduce any major functionality, version 2.05 will bring about a number of fixes to the portable’s apps and features, along with improved system stability.