Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Dead Space 3 - 4 Brand New Modes, New Top Secret Story Teased
After completing the campaign, Dead Space 3 players can unlock 4 brand new modes. Executive producer Steve Papoutsis confirmed the four modes in a blog post earlier today – New Game+, Classic Mode, Pure Survival Mode, and Hardcore Mode.
New Game +
- Start a new game with all upgrades and arsenal intact
- Single-player only
- Uses “classic” aiming
- No crafting (all weapons have to be built from blueprints)
Pure Survival Mode
- Enemies only drop resources
- No ammo, health, or weapon parts to be found
- You’ll have to choose what to craft every time you see a bench
- Will only have one life for the entire campaign
All four of the above modes are included on-disc. Once again, they will all be unlocked following the campaign’s completion.
Along with a reveal of Dead Space 3′s extra game modes, Papoutsis teased “a top secret additional story that will be coming in a few weeks.”
“As you can see, we have a lot planned for you in DS3. And the team is hard at work on a top secret additional story that will be coming in a few weeks. We’re not saying much, yet – but think ‘disturbing’ to get your imaginations going.”