Phantasy Star Online 2 on PS Vita will be very much like the PC release. However, there are a few key differences:
- The PS Vita version will have fewer enemies on the screen at once.
- Fewer Emergency Trials compared to the PC version.
- Map sizes will be smaller on Vita to accommodate the portable format.
- For this same reason, it will also take less time to encounter enemies.
- These changes will also be in effect for PC players joining the Vita block.
Producer Satoshi Sakai said that the above changes were implemented in order to have Phantasy Star Online 2 running smoothly on PS Vita.