Mass Effect external producer Ryan Warden has been answering a slew of questions about the recently announced Mass Effect Trilogy Compilation on Twitter. Among his comments are details concerning ME1 on the PS3, which will be making its debut on the console for the first time. Mass Effect Trilogy Compilation is without a release date on the PS3 currently. The package is set for launch on the Xbox 360 and PC on November 6.
- No plans to release Mass Effect 1 physically on PS3 as a standalone title
- Edge of Reality is working closely with BioWare on the title (Dragon Age: Origins console developer)
- “Performance feels really good overall”
- The team wants to retain the Mass Effect 1 experience while making some targeted fixes
- Game features improved texture popping and better performance on PS3
- Uses the Mass Effect 1 engine with Mass Effect 2 PS3 touch-ups
- These improvements are specific to the PS3 (360 won’t get the performance upgrades)