Kojima Productions held a special stage event at the Tokyo Game Show earlier today. The entire discussion pretty much focused on Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.
- How is the team achieving almost zero loading screens? It’s always being done in the background, making the screens almost nonexistent
- There is one loading screen for helicopter sections
- There are a lot of open worlds like Grand Theft Auto
- Get to other areas by helicopter
- The first video featured a smaller open world since it’s a prologue area
- There is a concept of time; there appears to be a change from day to night in real time
- Kojima wants to make a 'standard' with open worlds before using the FOX Engine in future games