Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hideo Kojima on Silent Hill, MGS: Ground Zeroes, and More

Hideo Kojima held a special session at the Eurogamer Expo earlier today. In his talk, he touched on a number of topics including Policenauts and Snatcher, as well as the possibility of working on Silent Hill. Kojima also shared a few more tidbits on Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

 Silent Hill
- The president of Konami called Kojima and asked him if he’d like to make the next Silent Hill
- Kojima says he’s “kind of a scardey-cat when it comes to horror movies, so I’m not confident I can do it”
- “At the same time, there’s a certain type of horror that only people who are scared of can create, so maybe it’s something I can do.”
- Kojima believes Silent Hill has a certain atmosphere and this has to continue
- “…I’d love to help it continue, and if I can help by supervising or lending the technology of the Fox Engine, then I’d love to participate in that respect.”


Metal Gear
- Boss battles: Kojima is a big fan of Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid and The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3
- Kojima says he’s grown alongside Snake
- “As long as there’s a Snake in Metal Gear Solid, that Snake will always be a part of me, so I don’t think I could ever do a Snake that’s much younger than myself.”
- “For example, if at some point if we decided to bring out a JRPG with Snake in his teens, I don’t think that’s something I could do. I’d have to leave that with the younger staff. As you’ve seen, Ground Zeroes will feature a slightly older Snake.”


Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- Peace Walker’s base-building and development is returning in Ground Zeroes
- Accessible from smart phones and other devices, most likely
- Access the base in-between the open world sections
- Reach the base by helicopter
- Can explore the base on foot as it develops around you
- Full day/night cycle reconfirmed
- Ties into the stealth-base gameplay

No comments:

Post a Comment